Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Reward Systems.

I have a little spending problem. I have had it for a long, long time, and while we are not exactly in dire financial straits, it would probably be a good idea for me to get ahold of myself already!

My hours have been cut drastically at work, which makes me very pissy, but since I am a wimp of the highest degree I haven't even bothered to try and find someplace new. I don't really feel like having to train a whole new set of people to worship my wealth of knowledge, and since I'd be new, I wouldn't really have that wealth of knowledge to begin with, and where does that leave us? Oh, yeah, still in retail hell.

I spend more than I make, fascilitated by my loving and indulgent husband, and I must. stop. now. So I have created sort of a diary/sticker chart wherein I log how many hours I work each day, and how much money I spent that day. And I get little plus-and-minus signs next to things. So, yesterday I brought my lunch (plus sign!) but I bought an iced coffee for $1.43 (minus sign) but we ate dinner at home (plus sign!) but I bought six Agatha Christie books on Ebay (only $5.75, but still, minus sign!)

You get the idea. I have the self control of a five year old.

No comments: