Sunday, November 20, 2005

Mmm...makeup!

It's probably kind of pathetic, but nothing is quite as luxurious to me as the scent and packing of expensive cosmetics. The shiny black Lancome compact and the highly fragranced powder within make me feel just a tiny bit more grown up and important than I really deserve.
That being said, I've dropped a load on makeup in the past few weeks. Just two weeks ago I bought Lancome powder, then last Sunday I got the mother of all makeup cases from Ulta. It contained around 40 eyeshadows and 30 lipcolors. Now, several of these are either colors that don't look great on me or colors I would not wear every day, but a lot of them are suprisingly flattering! They do contain a LOT of mica. I guess I will have to start putting on my eye makeup before I do anything else--which I think is how you're supposed to do it, but I've been wearing makeup since fifth grade and I'm a little set in my ways. They compare in color intensity to Smashbox but they aren't nearly as longlasting.
THEN yesterday I was at Nordstrom in Montgomery Mall (the closest big mall to me) and they were having a lot of different events because they just finished (thank God) their remodeling. All the makeup counters were doing makeovers and I happened upon a cancellation, so I got my eyes done at the Estee Lauder counter. (Yes, I am eighty years old!) All I bought was the undereye concealer, because, to tell you the truth, I wasn't that impressed with my makeup artist. She didn't seem to understand the concept of blending. Then I stopped by the Clinique counter to look at their new line of Black Honey products (going to buy one soon, I swear it!) and then, finally, purchased a Vanilla and Bergamont gift set by Bliss from Bloomie's. It was a great birthday present and an impulse buy, otherwise I NEVER would have spent so much on someone I don't know so well. But she really seemed to like it and I was flying high on the shiny silver EL compact, so all in all...a good day!

No comments: