Thursday, November 17, 2005

A post! With words!

I don't care what Hayden Christiansen eats for breakfast, what color Kelly Ripa's bathroom is, or what Claire Danes thinks of George Bush. (In Style)
I don't want to see endless photos of leggy models in styles that could only be worn in New York, to a holiday party, if I weighed 90 pounds and had a million dollars. (Lucky)
I have no desire to give my husband the best blowjob ever NOR am I interested in what horrendous disease I could contract from my doctor's waiting room. (Cosmo)

I just want to see pretty pictures of nice clothes, some can be extravagent, but I'm mostly interested in things that I can afford to purchase. At the mall or on the internet. I mean, that handbag is gorgeous, but most people reading this magazine will not be calling up the Hermes store and inquiring about how they can special order that five-digit briefcase.

And you know, I'm a wife and a mother and I have a job, but I'm twenty three years old. I pick up Good Housekeeping and its ilk, but most of the time, I just want to look at shiny shoes and lipstick. I don't think that's too much to ask.

No comments: