Friday, December 16, 2005

Recent Splurges

It is once again the most wonderful time of the year, but my family is small and my husband won't buy me makeup, sooo...I bought some things for myself.
I had a consultation with Raina, (Rahn-yah) France's friend, who works for Lancome as some sort of district coordinator something-or-other, meaning she goes to different stores around the area, and she happened to be at Bloomie's in our mall. France called me and told me to go see her, so I did.
Besides being funny and pretty and understanding about the In-Laws, the woman changed my life.
Never before would I have thought that spending eighty dollars on face scrub and cream would be on my mind, but suddenly I am wondering how many weeks will go by before I can afford such a splurge. As I buy the products I'll review them and list their names and prices, but right now that seems like way too much effort when I could be talking about lipstick and eyeshadow.
From Raina I bought Lancome's Renergie Lift Makeup in Porcelain 40 (foundation) to go with my Dual Finish of a few entries ago. It came with some stuff but most importantly, another eye quad in very wearable brown-coppers. (I hate orange coppers and almost all makeup counter ladies want to put them on me.)
Last night I succumbed to my Black Honey urges at the Clinique counter. They were out of the lipstick, so I bought the glosswear for lips, and I really do love the color. I've been trying to break out of my mauve-rose lipcolor rut, and this is perfect. Of course, it was only $13.50, which wasn't enough to get the free gift, so I had to get something else...after walking around the counter a billion times, I decided on Colour Surge Lip Laquer in Sultry Splash, which is a sort of glimmery toffee color. It's gorgeous and thick and in the sleekest little pot.
Lancome is my first love for face products. Clinique has great things for lips. Smashbox has the most beautiful, colorful eyeshadows.
My poor little bank account is screaming for mercy.

No comments: