Friday, September 23, 2005

...aaaaaaaand More Reviews!

I'm sorry for being a slacker in the what I wore, what I bought, etc areas, but I've been sick and sicker all week, so there's not a lot going on in the what I wore department, nor the what I bought department, but last night I did do a spendy, $16 at Ulta:
~ Freeman Totally Juicy Mango Taffy Pore Strips.
~Blistex Silk and Shine
~Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation in Ivory
~Loreal Vive Smooth Intense Masque

I would have bought more, but payday was today, and in addition, I was on some serious painkillers, so not ONLY did I forget my list o' products to try (as recommended by site I will link to below) but I could only remember two things on the list, anyway, which was the Freeman Taffy Strips and the Blistex.

It's really important to me to review things that lots of people can afford to buy, although from time to time you might see me raving about something ludicrously expensive like the Coach bags. And I do buy my daughter's clothes (some of them) from Gymboree, because they have good sales and the clothes are so. effing. cute. Plus they have a high resale value on Ebay, so I feel that I can excuse spending a little extra money on a few pieces.

I know that I don't have any readers now, but someday I might, and I want to make sure I'm not babbling about inaccessible (able?) things all the time, just because that's not what I'm going for.

So. Of my new products, I have so far tried two.

1) Blistex Silk and Shine: This rocks. I put it on last night at about eight o' clock, and didn't have to reapply until right before bed at eleven. Furthermore, when I woke up this morning, my lips still felt soft and moisturized. I am really excited because winter cometh, and during the winter I am prone to my lips cracking and bleeding, and my entire face and scalp trying to flake off at once. So I have to get into the habit of overapplying moisturizers and lip balms.
This one is great because it has a yummy smell, comes in a fat, lipstick-like tube, and really makes my lips feel great. Plus it has a slightly glossy finish and a sweet taste. What more could one ask for?

2) Freeman Totally Juicy Mango Taffy Pore Strips: Now, the idea here is brilliant. You squeeze the stuff on your skin, kind of pat it down with a finger, and then in fifteen minutes or so, rip it off, along with all the gunk in your pores! However, it is super runny, making the application a little more difficult. I am actually using it for the second time right now, because last night? Not that impressive. But maybe my pores are so disgustingly clogged that I need two applications to really see a difference.
It's kind of neato; when I apply the stuff to my face and it starts drying, I can see the gunk in my pores rising to the surface and sticking to the taffy. It's gross and neat, all in one! But when I pulled the taffy off (be careful around the underneath of your eyes) my skin seemed a little smoother, but there were still blackheads and clogged pores. I am fairly certain I will need to do this several times before my pores really show a difference. I'll keep you updated!
Also, the back of the tube says ten minutes, but I waited twenty or so. It's thick and goopy and takes a while to dry...but it smells nummy!!

Now, for more product reviews, I recommend the awesome Delush and my favorite makeup blog, Lipstick Is My Crack.
For things you can't afford but still like to look at, I have been perusing Pink Mirage and I fully enjoy the beautiful things she posts about.

That's all for now, girls!


No comments: