Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Product Reviews!

You can expect a full post about wearing and spending, etc, tomorrow, but today I wanted to post a bit about some products I am using lately. One of my favorite things about Lipstick is My Crack is the fact that Badger faithfully reviews the products she is trying out. Because of her I tried the Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask and Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. I also created a night time routine for myself and started wearing makeup more faithfully, after letting myself slack for awhile.

So, here go a few things I've been trying out:

Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser: This creamy face wash is a tad bit harsh on my skin, especially in the dryest spots. But I follow it up with a good moisturizer and that seems to help. It leaves my face feeling squeaky clean and I get less of those really irritating, deep-skin pimples. (I just realized I've been referring to this as Clearasil. It's not!)

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask: God bless Badger. This mask smells awesome, makes my pores smaller, and leaves my face feeling super-soft. I plan to use it once a week. The best part? Ya'all, $2.99 for a bottle with a 33% bonus!

Target Brand Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover: I'm not overimpressed with this product, but it doesn't irritate my eyes or break out the tender skin around them, and it does remove most of the gunk, plus it's about half the price of Neutrogena, Almay, etc. I follow it up with my Clean & Clear and there are no racoon eyes in the morning!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: Most of my friends know that I am a complete Clinique ho. I love their products and would swim through crocodile-infested waters before missing gift time. I am just now getting into the facial products, and because of said gift time I have three. I use the dramatically different moisturizing gel as the last step in my nightly facial routine, and it leaves my skin feeling much softer, with much less little flakies. I take special care around the corners of my nose, which for some reason constantly are red and flaky. I also feel like I also have a little more evenness to my complexion due to the new routine.

Clinique Superdefense Triple Action Moisturizer with SPF 25: Love. This. Stuff. Makes my skin soft, keeps me from getting burned, and doesn't break me out.

No comments: